Topic: Go Wild Expedition 2009

In 2009, my wife and I will be paddling the Inside Passage!  Our four-month-long journey will begin in Gig Harbor, Washington, continue north along the British Columbia coast, and conclude in the glacial waters of Alaska.  During our adventure, we will raise awareness for environmental issues threatening Pink Salmon and donations to fund research and conservation.

The salmon issue is very important right now on the coast, and I implore anyone interested to get involved.  Basically, we are volunteering for the Living Oceans Society and hoping that salmon farms (a source of parasitic infection for wild juvenile salmon) will make the switch to wild salmon-friendly closed containment. 

We have been using the Miller guidebook as a resource, as well as trip reports from other paddlers who have completed the route.  We would love to network with any other paddlers who have done the trip and especially any folks out there who will be paddling during the summer of 2009.  You can find all our contact information on our website at http://www.ElevatedAttitude.com/.  Please visit and drop us a line if you are interested in learning more about our trip, our cause, or think we may cross paths this summer!

Go Wild!

Phil and Apryle